Emma Sulkowicz is on the cover of this month’s New York Magazine and that is the coolest thing wow
DUUUUDE this is a huge fucking deal honestly
how is she on the fucking cover yet they wont expell the fucking rapist wtf
Adonis Bosso @ Richard Chai Love S/S 2015 backstage.
SO BASICALLY I WAS CONTACTED BY TAYLORSWIFT.COM A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO AND THEY INVITED ME TO A SECRET EVENT THEY WERE HAVING TODAY THE 20TH. I WAS LIKE ?????? WHAT COULD IT BE OMG
SO MY ASS DROPPED EVERYTHING AND BOOKED A PLANE TICKET AND HOTEL TO LA DON’T EVEN ASK ME HOW MUCH I SPENT
SO THE DAY CAME AND I WAS SHAKING LIKE A FUCKING LEAF DURING A HURRICANE. ON THE WAY TO THE LOCATION LOVE STORY CAME ON AND I WAS LIKE YAASSS THIS IS A SIGN (btw they had everyone meet up at a church first, get security checked, and then, unbeknownst to all of us at that time, go to her house)
IT WAS SO VINTAGE AND PRETTY AND WAS JUST EXACTLY WHAT WE IMAGINED IT WOULD BE (I would’ve taken pics but they took all of our stuff before)
WE SAT OUT ON THE PATIO AND HAD LUNCH. SOME PIZZA HERE AND SANDWICHES THERE. PLUS THERE WERE COOKIES WHICH IM 699% SURE SHE BAKED HERSELF.
THEN WE WERE ASKED TO GO INTO THE LIVING ROOM AND SIT DOWN
YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW MUCH I WAS SWEATING DURING THAT MOMENT
I WAS LIKE DA FUQ IS GONNA HAPPEN
MY POOR HEART COULD NOT KEEP UP
ALL OF THE FUCKING SUDDEN
SHE JUST POPS UP OUT OF NOWHERE
SHE APPEARED OUT OF THIN AIR LIKE DAVID COPPERFIELD
AND WE ALL DIED
LIKE FOR REAL
WE ALL THOUGHT WE WERE JUST GONNA WATCH A VIDEO OR HANG OUT OR SOMETHING
SHE JUST WALKS IN HOLDING OLIVIA AND EVERYONE, INCLUDING ME, LOSES THEIR FUCKING SHIT
GIVE ME A MINUTE IM TEARING UP
OKAY SO THEN SHE JUST PLOPS DOWN ON A REALLY COMFY CHAIR IN FRONT OF US AND SAYS SHE WILL BE PLAYING HER ALBUM FOR US
LET ME TELL YOU
THE NOISE THAT CAME OUT OF MY MOUTH
WAS NOT HUMAN
WE GOT TO LISTEN TO MOST OF 1989 FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER
I LEGIT ALMOST TOLD MAMA SWIFT TO CALL ME AN AMBULANCE CAUSE I WASN’T GOING TO MAKE IT
BUT LORD HAVE MERCY
THE ALBUM IS SO FUCKING GOOD. ON THE FIRST LISTEN ALONE YOU’LL LOVE IT
THIS EASILY IS HER BEST ALBUM TO BE HONEST. YES YOU FUCKING HEARD ME. THIS MIGHT EVEN TOP SPEAK NOW.
DAMN THIS ALBUM SHE LITERALLY DROPPED ALL THE FUCKS SHE HAD
THIS ALBUM IS SO SASSY, FUN, AND HAPPY IT MAKES ME WANNA CRY
BUT YEA WE GOT TO LISTEN TO MOST OF HER ALBUM PLUS ONE OF THE VOICE MEMOS. ITS HELLA FUNNY TRUST ME, WAIT TILL YOU HEAR IT
THE SONGS SHE DID WITH JACK ANTOFF SLAYED TO THE HEAVENS. THE RYAN TEDDER SONGS WERE REALLY GOOD AS WELL. THE ONE WITH IMOGEN HEAP LITERALLY KILLED EVERYONE. LIKE IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL I CAN’T EVEN.
IN MY NEXT POST LEMME TELL YOU WHAT I CAN TELL YOU ABOUT THE SONGS SHE PLAYED FOR US.
How dog breeders have “improved” breeds over the past 100 years.
- The basset hound never used to sit so low. The dog has suffered changes to his rear leg structure, has excessive skin, vertebrae problems, droopy eyes that are prone to ectropion and entropion, and excessively large ears.
- The bull terrier used to be an athletic dog, but over the years his snout was mutated to be oversized and bending downwards, leading to respiratory issues. Many bull terriers have supernumerary teeth and are compulsive tail chasers and air biters owing to brain deformities.
- The boxer now has a much shorter face with an extremely short snout. The hindquarters are also lower. Like all brachycephalic dogs, the boxer has difficulty controlling his temperature in hot weather, meaning they are prone to overheating and collapsing in the summer. The boxer also has one of the highest cancer rates among dog breeds and many modern day boxers suffer from seizures.
- The english bulldog has evolved into a creature that suffers from almost every known disease. A kennel club survey conducted in 2004 found that they die on average at only 6 years and 4 months old. They cannot mate without human intervention, and cannot give birth naturally due to their giant heads. There is no such thing as a truly healthy bulldog.
- The dachshund, at one time, used to have functional legs and necks for their size. Their backs and legs have gotten longer, chest jutted forward, and legs have shrunk to such proportions that there is barely any clearance between their chest and the floor. Obese dachshunds usually have to actually drag their bellies across the ground. Their risk for intervertebral disc disease - which can result in paralysis - is extremely high. They are also prone to achrondoplastic related pathologies, progressive retinal apathy, and problems with their legs and joints.
- Pugs are the most inbred breed of dog in existence - an investigation carried out found that amongst the 10,000 pugs found in the UK are so inbred, the gene pool consists of the equivalent of only 50 individuals. They are extremely brachycephalic, and suffer severely from all the associated problems - the folds in their face frequently get infected, they struggle to breathe (making snoring/snorting/huffing noises even without moving), they have high blood pressure, low oxygenation, often collapse and die in the summer or if allowed to overheat, dentition problems due to their skulls being so curled in, and perhaps most shocking - their double curled tail is actually a genetic defect, and in its most serious forms leads to paralysis and many dogs needed a wheelchair or being euthanised if this progresses. These dogs are usually culled if they fail to produce this ‘attractive’ trait.
Healthy puppies that do not succumb to these ridiculous modern day breed standards are usually culled. One very heartbreaking example is the rhodesian ridgeback. The ridge is actually a genetic deformity - a mild form of spinal bifida - and puppies born without this ridge are healthy - but since the ridge is their namesake, healthy puppies are normally culled at birth and only those with noticeable ridges are bred from, thus passing the disability down to future dogs. Below is a ridgeback alongside a healthy, ridgeless dog.
3 to 4 million dogs and cats are killed every year because shelters are too full…. people are choosing to buy from breeders or shops instead of offering them a home.
Homeless animals outnumber homeless people by 5:1.
Only 1 in 10 dogs will ever find a permanent home.
25 PER CENT OF DOGS THAT ENTER SHELTERS ARE PUREBREEDS.
Please consider adopting a homeless dog. Please don’t encourage breeding these animals when there are so many being killed every year. Breeding is a profit, not “just” a hobby, and even if you think your breeder is reputable, they are still churning out puppies into a world where pets are seen as disposable.
This is specifically why I hate the pug and most bull breeds so much. I didn’t know as much about the other breeds, but this is horrible. Humans will literally selectively breed an organism into constant pain and health issues if we decide it’s cute enough.